The Big Bang UK Young Scientists & Engineers Competition is offering students the opportunity to showcase their work for the chance to win amazing prizes!
The Big Bang Competition is the UK’s premier science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) competition. It is open to all UK residents aged 11-19 years old in full-time secondary education or training.
Primary Students can submit work from any science, technology, engineering or maths project they have completed. (Applications opening soon)
Secondary Students can submit work from any science, technology, engineering or maths project they have completed, just click here.
• Showcase their work to over 70,000 people in the finals at The Big Bang Fair
• Compete for over £20,000 worth of prizes, including the chance to be crowned UK Young Engineer or GSK UK Young Scientist of the Year
• Present their work to employers, universities and journalists
• Get tips and feedback from leading industry and academic experts
• Meet other young scientists and engineers from across the UK
• Boost their profile of achievement on their UCAS form or college application
Get involved in your local Big Bang Near Me activity by attending one of the Events, find out what we have coming up.
Delivery of the programme will focus on a number of STEM centres or hubs situated throughout the North East, find a hub near you...
The Big Bang @ School supports schools to deliver events to excite pupils about STEM subjects, inspire them to consider science or engineering careers and let them talk to engineers and scientists face-to-face
There are opportunities for interested parties to support with funding and, potentially delivery of the programme to help inspire the next generation...